Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

At long last ive actually found myself!. I were with him nearly (detail removed by moderator). But have been out over (detail removed by moderator) . As soon as i left him i signed up to the freedom programme. And just so i absorbed it all i did it twice. Life were extremly difficult after i left him. He tried hoovering me back after his ex realised his game.. i have to admit i very nearly fell for it. But something came over me. A lightbulb moment. I went total no contact. I cant stress how important this is. Its essential for your recovery. My lifes so much better. Me and my sons who may i add have autism i so much happier. Ive joined a gym. We have peace. Im enjoying my own company i never thought that be possible. Im healthy eating.. well trying. Ha. I can watch films and conxentrate. My boys are moving forward. I feel hes a distant memory. I do get an odd day. But im going forward on that path and im never looking back. No contact and a good support network. He can no longer play mind games now.. i really dont care what he does. No contact had been my saviour. Im in no rush at all for another relationship im happy with me. I wish you all well ladies.. xx

Serenity
      Participant

Fantastic!

It’s so true, No Contact is so important.

I’m so happy that you feel like you do, strong and independent! I love my own company too- maybe too much, lol! What a difference from when I felt scared of being alone after he left. Now I am happy to rest, relax, read, dream, paint, cuddle my cats and just be me- without any male disturbance! Maybe I will turn into a mad old cat woman- but at least Inwill be relaxed and happy!

On a seriou note, this is wonderful. Your post proves that if you can maintain no contact for long enough, you start to
      access your core self again. You meet yourself like an old friend your lost touch with.

Onwards and upwards! Here’s to a fit, happy, healthy you!

SunshineRainflower
      Participant

What a lovely post Icandothis, so inspiring and I love the image of the lightbulb moment where you suddenly understood it all and went no contact. It sounds like you are building a happy, healthy and peaceful life for you and your children, very well done and keep going on your new path. 🙂

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content