Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      goosegirl2
      Participant

Hello,

I have recently gotten into my first relationship after I ended my previous abusive relationship. I like to think that I am healing but I have good days and bad days like I’m sure everyone on here does. However, in this new relationship I had a very bad day the other day. It was a few days before my period so I was feeling sad and sensitive and I’ve never been good at voicing these feelings. Especially since my abusive relationship as he used those emotions against me so often. But I was feeling sensitive and my current partner was making me very uncomfortable. Like I said, I get afraid when trying to voice my concerns so I didn’t but he was playing his music very loud which always unsettles me and he was joking the way we always do with each other but this time it hurt me so much. It made me flash back to my last relationship but I didn’t know how to tell him that. I just don’t understand how to be in a relationship anymore.

TakingBack
      Participant

We all know what we want from a relationship, love, kindness, compassion, patience, understanding.
      So why don’t we just go for it.
      We know what it looks like and what it does t look like.
      Does your knew partner know about your previous relationship?
      The right person is someone you have to be able to talk to, as difficult as that is sometimes.
      I think you need to explain about this, just as you have here, to your knew partner.
      You have acknowledged the possibility of some over sensitivity on your part as you would normally laugh along with whatever is said but if you bury these feelings they will build into something you’re less able to explain in the future. You’re partner may even have noticed something was wrong but didn’t understand, he has to have the chance to understand and you have to give that chance to see if this is the relationship, the person, you want to be with.

be *brave i think
      remember that he is not your ex and give him the chance to show that
      You have nothing to lose but time
      if he’s not the right person don’t put that down to you being wrong!
      You can do the right relationship for you because the right relationship will love and understand

x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content