Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Starmoon
      Participant

Today has been awful… there’s been complications with the termination.. I’ve had to go to hospital. As if it’s not hell enough that I had to make that decision.
      In the run up to having to go to a&e I asked my mum when she’d be home as I really needed some support.. to her credit she came strait home. She said she’d ask my dad to have the children… he was sleeping, she woke him up and some how a big argument broke out… he was furious for some reason and it all seemed to be because of me. As usual I felt like they were just seeing me as some burden and said I’d take myself to hospital, to which I was told I was causing more problems.. my dad was shouting down stairs about how angry he was… I shouted back saying how disgusting he was… I needed to go to hospital, was ill and he was just fuming and then I said it seems to makes sense that I ended up in an abusive relationship… I mean my dad was fuming and being a total b*****d whilst I was off to hospital… that just screams my ex all over!! And then I’m blamed because I behaved in the wrong way… I mean yeah I was anxious- terrified in fact. I was short when my mum was asking me questions- but that’s because this whole situation is horrific… like having a termination is bad enough without having complications and then having to face going to hospital and have to tell them all about it too… it’s not like I was totally causing a scene or anything…. I don’t understand why he had to be so horrible?! So then I didn’t bite my lip. Rite now I’m definitely torn between feeling like so many people expect me to lie down and let them walk over me, and also wanting to shout and scream that I won’t allow it anymore

lover of no contact
      Participant

Ah Starmoon,

This is so difficult for you to deal with. These are big, difficult, emotional situations for you to deal with and you needed support. I’m sorry that your dad could not give you that support. There is never any excuse for anyone to yell at anyone else.

I think its good you won’t allow any unacceptable behaviour towards you anymore. You deserve support. You would be there for your dad if he needed you I’m certain.

Please keep posting here for support. Don’t underestimate what you are going through at the moment, its huge and you need a lot of support.

You can certainly do without being shouted at when you need support.

godschild
      Participant

Starmoon, how awful for you, has your Dad treated your Mom like this over the years,my dad was abusive to my mom and Im sure we often follow with our men as it leaves us with low worth as women when we see our Dads mistreat our moms.

Hope you got sorted out at hospital, you deserve some care and kindness not another male mistreating you,your words to your Dad re ending up in abusive relationship may well be true if he has been like this x*x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content