Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Ayanna
      Participant

I was at my GP surgery this morning. After weeks of not being able to get an appointment I finally was lucky. The GP treated me like a second class person. She refused to refer me although I am in constant pain. And she told me I have to look for counseling myself and pay for it.
      I do not earn enough to pay a counselor every week. That is really for wealthy people. I am glad I am able to live comfortably with the bills I already have. Ok, I will not have counseling then. And I will not be referred. I have to live with that 24/7 pain and one day I will not turn up to work because I will lie dead in my bed.

Whathaveidone
      Participant

I would suggest you find another surgey. Some GPs are so unhelpful I sometimes wonder how they were even qualified to be GPs in the first place.

Ayanna
      Participant

The problem is that I have not much choice where I live. I have chronic illnesses too that deteriorated because of the abuse. They hate to deal with people who have long term health conditions. They prefer us to die so that they have nothing to do with us.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content