Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

So he came to see us the day before we left for our mini break. He tried to make us feel guilty by saying don’t worry about me all alone etc. My daughter pointed out that this is the same as any other week (he only visits once a week) but that he was annoyed that he couldn’t see is if he wanted to!! I was really proud of her. She mentioned it when we set off in the car. She said she’s starting to realise when he’s trying to manipulate. About 20 mins into our journey going along the motorway who should pull up beside my car, he was driving along side us! It’s impossible for him to have done this intentionally as he didn’t know which route I was taking but it really freaked us both out coz we were talking about him as he drove along side us. He rang & spoke to her & joked he would meet us down there, the daughter wasn’t impressed & I had to reassure her he didn’t know where we were staying etc. We had an amazing time, just the 2 of us. I spoke to him once per day, which will have killed him as I ignored every call & all the txts till late each night. He hurt his back while we were away & as usual made everything about him. On our way back he txt the daughter to say he might be going to the walk in centre coz he was in so much pain. I didn’t respond & instead went & collected my dogs (my other babies) from my family. When he came to see us he made comments like if feel lonely, I feel like we’re so distant etc etc! I pointed out that it was because I was focusing on getting our daughter well & not paying him the usual attention. He said “I know you don’t need to say sorry” I made it clear I was in no way apologising for putting her first & that he needs to sort himself out. I’ve faked a migraine for 2 days just to avoid seeing him ☹️ At least my daughter is starting to notice his patterns, he is complaining that he has no money but just bought an iPhone 6, she said “oh yeah you’re really skint dad, no money but you can afford to buy a new phone” I’ve had no contact from my local DV support so I’m trying to find a freedom programme that I can get on myself as it seems I’m in this alone. I poured my heart out to them asking for support over a week ago & they haven’t even bothered ringing me back. I feel so stupid for asking for their help. It won’t happen again. I can do this on my own. Anyway I’m not alone, I have the people on this forum to keep me strong ☺️

KIP.
      Participant

We will help you👍
      I think you can do the freedom programme online.

KIP.
      Participant

Don’t give up on your DV support. They saved my life. Unfortunately they are very busy. My worker had 24 women on her books ! Sad really

Anonymous
      Inactive

I can’t help thinking that they haven’t been in touch because when we were in the refuge the support worker I had actually made some things up about my daughter & also kept information about her from me. I have her recorded admitting these things but never took it any further. I told her I no longer wanted her as my support worker. After that me & my daughter were completely on our own. The staff were funny with us & no further help was offered even though we were there for 3 weeks after that. It’s the same place that I rang. It was 11 days ago & I haven’t heard from them so obviously they’re not going to help.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content