Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      StrongLife
      Participant

I go to this Christmas lunch and normally it is very good. Unfortunately a lady and her kids at the table were seemingly like they were escaping domestic violence. Open discussions from kids. It was so triggering I had to move with all intrusive questions about my family situation. It was too overwhelming. Many there at this event.

I did not like to move but too triggering. The whole thing was overwhelming after that.

It’s normally very good – these discussions are just not there with most talking about Christmas and meal.

minimeerkat
      Participant

oh stronglife, bless your heart i am so sorry to hear that this situation turned out to be so triggering for you. and somewhere you would never have expected it
      people, especially strangers are completely unaware of how their words or actions can upset us because of the trauma we have experienced – its unintentional
      i hope you are able to do something calming to help yourself relax a little & are able to feel that you are now safe x

StrongLife
      Participant

This was all difficult. Christmas is normally excellent there -maybe next yr will be better.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content