Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Dobedo
      Participant

I haven’t slept. It’s been one of those nights, just when I think it’s all out, I remember something else.
      Even though in my case the abuse is from (detail removed by moderator) ago now, it’s absolutely haunts me. It feels like a part of me is missing, the ability to think straight half the time. I’ve bitten my lip and started crying because it reminded me of when he split it.
      He robbed me of my diginity, my self-worth. You don’t know what you’ve got til its gone. I lied for him, slept with him to avoid his anger.
      He threatened me into silence when he was on bail and it cost me my dignity.
      I just don’t know what to do.

Hazydayz
      Participant

Hello Dobedo. Hope you are able to sleep tonight? Find help here tomorrow now today! Keep posting here, help will come. Your dignity and self worth can be restored with support and you will find yourself again! And very importantly not alone here💞

Hazydayz
      Participant

Good Morning! Hope it is for you today? 💞

Sleepy
      Participant

Hi Dobedo,
      I know what you mean, my abuse was years ago too and things keep coming back. I am hoping it will get easier in time, for you as well. Could you write things down, then it’ll at least get them out of your head and you may sleep better. Are you getting help and support? From GP or counsellor?
      Sleepy

Dobedo
      Participant

Hi guys,

Sorry for the last message, was in a really horrible place. And thank you for the messages, I can’t tell you how much they helped me today ❤

I recently moved so am currently trying to register with a GP, due to current circumstances this is taking even longer than usual.

I think I’ve been a state lately because I only recently told a friend of mine the full circumstances of what happened to me (detail removed by moderator) ago.
      (Detail removed by moderator) I think it’s only recently I’ve actually realised how bad it was, how young I was to deal with that level of stress.
      I’ve also thought of writing police and telling them the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Until a few days ago no one, not even my old counsellor knew what he had done, (detail removed by moderator).

Sleepy
      Participant

Don’t need to apologise for being in a horrible place.
      Sounds like the position I was in when my memories started coming back about being raped. It’s really tough and there will be good days and bad. Don’t know what happened to you but being real about it is a great starting point. Telling the police is a big step but worth doing as they at least then know if there’s other allegations made about him.
      Sleepy

Anonymous
      Inactive

You are sooo brave, you really are. A step at a time. You’re bruised inside…..takes time to heal. Those blows to you physically or otherwise have to repel outward now. Is a physical law. And yes please do tell the police. What is your situation now? Are you in a safe place?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content