Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Lookforward5678
      Participant

So my ex completely twisted everything today by saying it’s me that of course abused him and controlled his life while also trying to blackmail me (removed by moderator) He’s made me out to be a awful parent and made out his recent arrest incidents just never happened he was arrested I just don’t understand this I don’t understand any of it I didn’t by any means think he would ever say sorry or admit but to solidly lie through his teeth especially when there’s police reports and evidence and say it’s untrue is a massive blow to my head and I just wanted a race I’m angry and I’m seriously confused to just the reason why…

Darcy
      Participant

Hi beautiful Angel,
      I totally understand that feeling of a head spin they put on you.
      Unfortunately we may never understand the reason why these men behave how they do and it can be exhausting trying to unravel them. Even though the patterns between abusers is very similar.
      Instead I would suggest trying to start to try and understand yourself more. You know your truth and what happened between you both.
      I always think that is the hardest thing about domestic abuse, usually there is only two people who truly know what happened and that’s him & you.
      You know your own mind though and what happened, so trust yourself with that belief. The truth always out’s, maybe not exactly when and how you want it to but it will. And although he may seem to sleep easy with his lies believe me they will eat him up from the inside.
      Focus on you my darling, you are the best investment you can make
      Sending you continued love and support
      Darcy xx

Lookforward5678
      Participant

Still trying to find myself and trying to focus on my return back to work to return some normality back and the support from a close friend is giving me the encouragement to keep pressing forward and fighting back the tears on the bad days. Thank you for such lovely words darcy I definitely needed that today. Xx

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content