Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Worrywart
      Participant

hi Ladies, having a bad day again today, consumed with thoughts of him, tearful, ect …i had a great day yesterday even felt happy, i woke up with a touch of anxiety this morning, without sounding weird, i was thinking things like ‘what happens if i get ill and have to go to hospital’ (my anxiety talking) he is not here to take me now, when we was together he would say …’if you need me ring me’, well i cant do that now, cus he’s not spoken a word to me in (detail removed by moderator) weeks …you know silly things like that …does anyone else have thoughts like me? feel a bit abnormal 🙁 x

diymum@1
      Participant

hi ww 🙂 yeh its normal my toilet choked and the computer went down all in the first week he was gone! i felt abit panicy too but i managed to get it all fixed by myself. i think its the realisation that this is it – its great to be out but now were totally independent – it takes time to adjust. i think anxiety is normal given all the changes in your life and also youve had quite an ordeal xxxx it gets better in time i promise 🙂 love diymum

Worrywart
      Participant

thank you x i just feel so sad and vulnerable …its horrible x

diymum@1
      Participant

try to surround yourself as much as you can with the people who love you – your grandkids and family xx abuse does make us feel so vulnerable at times but these feeling will pass things will get better for you. are you talking to womens aid? xxxx

Worrywart
      Participant

i hope so …i haven’t spoke to womens aid yet, i still miss him as well when i feel down, thinking of the good times we shared and not understanding how he could just walk out of my life, not looking back and more or less straight into the arms of another, after being together for well over a decade.

diymum@1
      Participant

its something we struggle to understand because we couldnt bring ourselves to do that to someone. abusive men tend to discard people very easily and thats the measure of them. we do look back at the good times and we wish it could have stayed that way. it sounds like you need support this is a horrible betrayal for you to cope with – once you start talking to womens aid theyll advice you to look after yourself – like self love and find ways to cope with feeling anxious. its when we wake up isnt it its the realisation it does ease x*x love diymum

Worrywart
      Participant

thank you diymum i will ring them when i feel up to it x

diymum@1
      Participant

baby steps youll get there xxxx

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content