Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Celeanor
      Participant

(detail removed by Moderator) for the first time I blocked my abuser as I am just so drained of the constant up and downs of his emotions and anger. One minute he seems to kind and caring but when things don’t go his way he switches and turns nasty. I wanted to go no contact. Deep down I knew it wouldn’t be as simple as this.
      We work at the same place so sometimes our paths cross, luckily they haven’t recently.
      Anyway now he knows he can not contact me, he has decided to send horrible threatening messages to a couple of very close members of my family. This breaks my heart.
      I broke down at work and got sent home early. I finally reported him to my work manager and he’s told my abuser to stop contacting me and my family. I just hope he listens and leaves me alone but I have a feeling this will only wind him up more now he knows I have spoken with someone. I’m scared as he knows where I’m living and it’s (detail removed by Moderator) minutes away from him. Just unsure where to go from here.
      My family have now blocked him so he can no longer contact anyone which will be another thing to wind him up.

fizzylem
      Participant

Aww well done for reporting this at work! This is great, it’s also very good to read that they have responded appropriately.

Keep all of the messages sent as you may need this for evidence later down the line.

You have your boss and family members now to corroborate your story – this is gold.

Call Victim support if you are feeling fearful of the next; it’s totally confidential so you can talk freely. They can advise you on options but also give you the emotional support you need right now. It’s awful feeling like you’re sitting on this not knowing what to do – they will help change this.

If he turns up at your place don’t answer the door, call 999 and if it is safe to do so video him from a safe, hidden place. Let the police deal with him for you. You do not have to deal with alone, all of us come to learn that the only way forwards is to get others to deal with him for us.

You’ve done great!

Celeanor
      Participant

Thank you so much for your response and making this feel more like a positive thing. The fact I’ve reported him will now make others aware of the real him and I guess people can make sure I am safe when he’s around. I will look into this victim support as I feel I need someone to speak to and some added support is always a help.
      Hopefully from now on he can realise if he carries on then he can lose his job and just maybe he will give me the space I want. Time will tell.
      Thanks for the support.
      I hope you are well x

Bettertimesahead
      Participant

It is worth considering a non molestation order too

Celeanor
      Participant

I have been told this from a few people and I will do this if he doesn’t back off now he has been spoken to.
      I hate how much of a hold he has over me, to the point I’m dreaming horrible things about him and becoming scared and on edge of my safety.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content