Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Freedompoppy
      Participant

Hi all,
      I’m really feeling it this week. I’m so lonely and I’m isolated to a few friends which have their own life’s. I’m (detail removed by Moderator) months free now and I feel lost.. how do u fill the gap they once took so much time over. I have always been social and had friends and now I’m down to two. It’s really hard to eclipsing and I feel so lost

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello Freedompoppy
      I hope today you are feeling a little better. It is hard to adjust to such a major change in your life even if it is a positive one in the long term. Just take some time to recover and get to know yourself. Try to find out what you like to do, what your strengths are. Read books, do online courses, walk/exercise, look at volunteering opportunities that suit you. Enjoy time you have with your friends. You will build your life up bit by bit. It is still early days yet. This is what I am doing and some days it’s harder than others. On those days try and think that this feeling will pass and there will be another better day along soon x

Catjam
      Participant

Hi, I too am struggling with this. I haven’t had friends for so long and I have been blessed with some staying in the background waiting till they are allowed to come near. But I don’t feel I deserve them, that I can’t reach out when I am struggling and the urge to go back to him is so strong.
      I find I am going to places in the hope I can accidentally bump into to him. Luckily each time I don’t and then I get annoyed with myself for doing it.
      I am used to my own company as he was always out.
      I’m sure with time it gets easier or at least I hope it does. Xx

Anonymous
      Inactive

The loneliness is powerful as the constant stream of whatever was coming your way from them filled so much of your energy and time. I wake up some days – especially sundays and think of how sad I feel to be on my own. And then I take a step back and realise the absolute gift I have of being able to fill my day with whatever I like – get back into the things you loved doing before. Take a leap and join classes when they come back on. There are good people out there for sure but at the end of the day you have a better you to spend time with – and I’m years physically free but still working on it x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content