Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Morning ladies

I’ve been busy trying to get myself into some kind of routine working a lot and my kids have been my priority and I have felt amazing especially with no contact at all with my ex. Life feels really good right now.

I have my first day off today in a while so I felt relaxed had a great chilled night and went to bed

I woke in floods of tears screaming “please just stop”
      I dreamt I was in my kitchen and he was just twisting every word I was saying I was begging him to just talk but he never did in reality he couldn’t,anyway I’m back to feeling great this morning it just shocked me and I’m trying to figure out what triggered it off??

Has anyone any ideas I’m in a really great place so why the melt down while I was asleep

Thanks for listening
      Fsc xx

KIP.
      Participant

Hey, its just a blip. These things happen when recovering from trauma. My ex used to pull the rug from under me whenever i was feeling happy and fulfilled. So whenever things are going great for me i get this awful panic that he is going to pull the rug. Its taken me a couple years to get out of this mind set. Praise yourself for doing so well and coming so far. Learn to accept that these blips will come along from time to time. Just when i thought i was fine i had to put parcel tape over the locks on my door as i woke up leaving the house. It was snowy outside and i think thats what woke me. It was very frightening but just another blip. Dont overthink it. Concentrate on the positives and if it happens too often then think about some councelling. Youre doing great. Well done to you ❤️

Thank you KIP, think I just needed to know I wasn’t losing my mind😊 I’ve been on the Internet and found some helpful info about it and now feel happy like you say it’s just a blip another hurdle to overcome

Thanks for the support ❤️

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Bad dreams are pretty vile, I have had lots and think it is all part of recovery and losing completely the scars that are so deeply etched in our minds from years of our abusers abusive behaviors, like ptsd/cptsd even when in a deep sleep, wicked dreams/ nightmares when we cant possibly be thinking about them or what happened either, then we wake up in a dreadful state, have to calm ourselves down again. I am so glad that you are feeling better & positive too, a day I long to see. When with them it is like a living nightmare & that’s exactly low O described it too, one you can’t wake up from & one you can’t escape either. I am away but punished myself more by keeping contact as was worried for him, for others, for myself & my son too. I could not lose the seeking his approval, keeping Him calm, pacifying him to avoid yet another rant, more twisting of the truth, I feel with every single person now that I am just a nobody who is still worthless, can’t lose all the fears he instilled in me over all those years. Keep strong & I hope you have no more bad dreams. Xx

Confused123
      Participant

hi hun

sometimes we have triggers and sometimes our brain just acknowledges the abuse did happen and its our way of procerssing as much as our brain can handle . u doing really well

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content