Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Apples100
      Participant

Hello,
      I’ve had a really bad evening. It had been fine for months and I’d lulled myself into a false sense of security. I could tell this evening that his mood had changed and something was off.

He flipped out, accusing me of various things that I wasn’t aware of doing. He pushed my face up against a wall and wouldn’t let me get past him when I tried to remove myself from the situation because he was screaming in my face. Then he smashed up the (detail removed by moderator) and knocked some of my precious belongings over the floor. When I asked him to stop he mocked me and said I’d made him lose his temper.

I don’t know how I’m going to plaster on a brave face tomorrow and go to work pretending to be fine. I don’t feel strong enough.

KIP.
      Participant

Can you ring the police?

gettingtired
      Participant

Hello, I’m so sorry to hear what a terrible night you had. How are you today?
      I know when this has happened to me in the past I felt exhausted afterwards. A (detail removed by moderator) my partner woke me up in the middle of the night asking (detail removed by moderator) when I had to be up early for work the next day. I was annoyed so shouted at him which sent him into a rage where he attacked me. I remember how exhausted and alone I felt the next day having to go into work and pretend. At the time I had an awful manager who I didn’t trust at all so there was no way I’d have opened up (plus I didn’t realise it was abuse I was experiencing at the time). Do you feel you could open up to your work about what’s going on? Or inform HR? It will take that extra bit of weight off your shoulders of having to put on that brave face again and pretend.
      Sorry, I know how easy it is for me to suggest that and I feel like a hypocrite giving advice to others when I can’t even take my own. I just wanted you to know I understand and you’re not alone x*x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content