Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Muna
      Participant

I was raped and no one believed me because of who the rapist was. Everyone has turned against me. Even my partner. They don’t even have anything to do with my children anymore. I’ve gone from a full time working mum to a single mum with no car, no job, no money and PTSD that stops me leaving the house.

Anyway, what kept me going was that the DNA would prove I was right and that I haven’t lied. I’ve just learnt today that the person had a vasectomy and therefore no DNA has appeared. I know that there are other means… Skin contact, my DNA on him etc but I’m so worried that the people who have turned against me will be told in simple terms that there was no DNA and there will be repurcussions. I’ve already been harassed and threatened and told to drop the charges.

In the long run I have hope that the police will find enough to prove my allegation but today’s news has really shocked me and took away the little bit of hope that had previously been keeping me going.

Does anyone know how reliable other means of Forensics are?

KIP.
      Participant

Who told you that a vasectomy leaves no DNA? Without being too graphic, men still ejaculate with a vasectomy and leave evidence. Did the police take swabs from you? Try ringing victim support or speak to the police officer dealing with your case for more information.

Muna
      Participant

I rang the police!! None of its true, it was a pack of lies from my abusive ex! He does everything he can to sabotage me! I really need to stop believing a word that comes out of his mouth! It’s unreal to think someone you once loved can be so vile even after the breakup! I was a wreck today. I can’t let him keep bringing me down like this!

EeyoreNoMore
      Participant

So there still could be (and should be) DNA? What an absolute A Hole!!

Stay strong hun, try not to have any contact with him xx

Muna
      Participant

Thanks ENM xx

shine bright 2
      Participant

Don’t listen to his bull. Dont talk to him or his family. I grew up in a community that doesnt speak openley about sex. The ex told me…

He wud get ill if he didnt get set when he need it.
      His ball would be agony if i didnt “pamper” him.
      You cant rape wife
      Some kinds of sex isnt rape cos it not proper sex
      He cud tell if i had sex with someone else by doing thinga
      to me.
      I dealt with a nice police officer…who put me atraight on many of the things he said. Dont listen to your ex.

Muna
      Participant

Well said Shine Bright! They’re lying manipulators! Who for some reason manage not to have to do any therapy to sort their heads out but it takes us years to recover n have therapy. Systems are backwards! There’s so much out there to help young girls recognise abuse in relations but not enough to prevent people becoming abusers. Sad world

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content