Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Jellyfishfairy
      Participant

So (detail removed by Moderator) has failed to mention to me that he stopped payments on a (detail removed by Moderator) debt I had and hadn’t forwarded correspondence from them to me and I’ve just been forwarded at text which states if monies owed isn’t paid in 24 hrs then I’ll be facing court and prison. Brilliant! I’ve since had to contact bailiff in question to explain that I was unaware it wasn’t being paid and the situation in curremtly facing in the hope that they will pity me. I highly doubt it. Also found out he’s not paid (detail removed by Moderator) in…. YEARS! So I’m hoping that the account is in his name so he can deal with the debt!
      I’m so stressed out 😒

Serenity
      Participant

My experience is that these organisations are usually helpful, once that you explain your situation.

I would call the (detail removed by Moderator) office directly for help, not the bailiff. They are duty-bound to take into account your situation.

Bailiffs can be bulldogs, and I don’t even think half of them operate by the law. The organisations and energy providers themselves are duty-bound to follow a legal procedure.

As for the (detail removed by Moderator) bill: if it is in his name, he is liable. I was told I was liable, as my ex had secretly put the bills in my name. They said that whoever’s name it was in was responsible for the debt. He could try to claim that you are jointly responsible, but the fact his name is on the bill means something.

Don’t panic. I went into panic mode when my ex cleverly engineered it so that I was left with masses of bills. But every department was helpful. They have special services for those who are financially struggling, and even energy trust funds to help. Don’t be afraid to ask them for help. At the end of the day, these companies just want paying somehow, they don’t always care by whom or when.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content