Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Mini mayhem
      Participant

This week has been a nightmare ive gone back not forward I asked if we could meet up and he said yes not seen him for months big mistake I regret it he just spoke about himself he had come from his girlfriends house and was going back there afterwards apparently she knew exactly where he was he told me there not getting on at the moment and he doesn’t no what he’s doing what am I going to do it was awful

lover of no contact
      Participant

Ah you’ve just had a set-back in your feelings because of the contact with him. Most of us have done it also and it will take a few days to get him out of your system. Contact with him is like poison, that’s why you feel as bad as you do. You need to detox from him again and you will start to feel better. Be gentle with yourself. We are only human. We think we can hansle our abusers but in simple terms ..they are bad for us, very bad for us.

Keep posting and reading the posts for strength over the next day or two until he gets out of your head and your emotions again.

Dear Mini Mayhem, try not too worry too much, give yourself loads of TLC, forgive yourself and do some reading, No Contact by HG Tudor is a good one, free to read on Amazon. Try not to feel so bad, I think the majority of women on this forum had some form of contact during the split and post split, it must be rare to have 100% NC right from the off. With this forums and the self help books I have contacted him once since our split, plus it wasn’t begging or pleading. Without this forum and the books I would have contacted him at least 10/15 times the first day, then gone to his place, banged on the door, possibly kicked the door in, who knows what would have happened. There is a thread on here called ‘I have broken No Contact’, admittedly its mainly me posting but when I wrote it I felt very similar to how you do today as that day I had broken NC. I recovered a week or so afterwards. It might help you to read the thread of posts.X*X

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content