• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Sorry to not post anything positive but I just need ( as normal) to get this off chest .

It’s been horrible the last few weeks with tension but I broke (detail removed by moderator)  and couldn’t stay all “ normal” I started saying to him (detail removed by moderator). He didn’t say anything he just had a glare on and sat for the whole evening . Until I said a small sentence that he picked on and screamed at me and what then ultimately became him (details of injuries removed by moderator). But I kept getting up and shouting everything I had been bottling up at him I should have just gone out room and I can’t get that thought out of head. Each time there’s always something I think i just clearly wanted it to give me a reason. He didn’t hit me. He just hurt me. But now there’s no tension. And there’s no fight in me.

she-ra
      Participant

Oh my lovely big hugs, I really understand and have had moments like this too. It is so hard to keep rising above everything all the time and trying to ignore all the things they say. Sometimes you just have to let it out. I think sometimes we all just feel so angry about the whole situation that it just erupts out if us. Really hope things get better for you soon x*x

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thanks she-ra… 🙂 it’s hard isn’t it ! I almost feel better that I’ve blurted everything to him but consequences of that are upsetting but then I’ve got the whole at least no tension now thing etc! One day I’m sure will be all ok… he did seem genuinely remorseful this time . Thank u so much for responding.. x*x

Cheesequeen
      Participant

None of what happened is your fault. Shouting and being upset because you are being mistreated is totally normal and there is NOTHING to justify how he has hurt you.
      He shouldn’t hurt you to rid the tension, the tension shouldn’t be there. You don’t deserve it at all.
      Have you been checked out by a Doctor? It sounds like you should do if not to make sure you are ok. Xx

Iwantmeback
      Participant

He has hit you just not in the way we recognise. Every word he shouted at you was a verbal punch, (detail removed by moderator) . Get photos of the marks, go to hospital for a check and tell them what he did. The police will get involved as the hospital staff have a duty of care policy in place. If you don’t do anything, he’s basically getting the green light to do anything to you isn’t he.
      You must be in shock at what he’s done and trying to keep things going as normal, but our lives with an abuser are not normal, for us yes, but if anyone outside saw this behaviour, they’d call the police on your behalf, because he has assaulted you.
      I’m so sorry he’s hurt you like this, he’s beginning to get more dangerous now.
      Be safe.
      IWMB 💕💕

Anonymous
      Inactive

ive not gone to the doctor for the worry of asking how it happened etc. its all superficial as in no lasting damage physically .. (detail removed by moderator) . I took photos … i just feel the moments passed once again to say anything. I was so close to calling the police that night and i said i was going to to him. but i walked into my girls room saw them sleeping and just couldn’t disrupt them 🙁

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content