Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Forget-me-not
      Participant

Wish I had dumbledoors pensive and wand to take the memories and visions out of my head and hopefully the feelings will disappear too. I don’t think I can take much more of this Groundhog Day in my head 🙁

Serenity
      Participant

It takes bravery to face your feelings head on.

Some people who are hurt by others might self-medicate by rushing into other relationships ( and repeating old patterns, taking their anger out on the new partner, etc) and it’s easy to also self/medicate through alcohol, comfort eating, etc.

By working through your feelings with lots of support, and taking extreme care of yourself, you will slowly rise, I promise. X

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi N.Y.X.3,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forum, I hope you find it a helpful place to be. Whenever you feel able to you can use this forum to get your thoughts out, I’m sure you would find that there’s lots of survivors here who can understand and who can offer support.

You could also consider contacting your local domestic abuse service, to ask if you can access some counselling; I understand this can be a daunting prospect, but it can be extremely helpful.

Kind Regards and keep posting,

Lisa

Forget-me-not
      Participant

Thank you Serenity and Lisa
      I’m in touch with the local dv centre, under counselling for the second time, got the wellbeing service and homestart involved. So have found somewhere the strength to do that, but so exhausted.

Peaceful Pig
      Participant

I’m glad you have support in place. Counselling is tough going and exhausting but having come out the other side I agree with serenity that facing your feelings is the only safe way out. Keep on going, you will get a point where the memories are much less intrusive and vivid. They make more sense to you so they stop going round and in your mind searching for meaning. Take really good care of yourself xx

Forget-me-not
      Participant

Thank you peaceful pig.
      My counsellor said that I’m displaying signs of ptsd too, so went to the Drs and been referred now for a ptsd diagnosis, frightening, but I need to be better for me and my children xx

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content