Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Peaches
      Participant

Any advice on how to set up a bank account without the abuser knowing?

Abuser opens all post and although I have accounts in my name he controls them through me.

Thanks

Falling Skys
      Participant

You can have paperless accounts so all details are email to you. My bank was very helpful when I went in a spoke with them about it.

Peaches
      Participant

Did you explain your situation?

I am worried he would notice that I wasn’t getting statements through, but it would give me a window.

My abuser will at times also ask me to get a larger statement from my bank so a new account to allow me to slowly deposit money would be better.

Falling Skys
      Participant

I think that for you will need to start another account that he doesn’t know about. This could be done in another bank or the same. Do not transfer the money directly over as he will see it in your bank statement. When you get cash out get extra and put that into then he wont know.

I did explain but mine was slightly different as we had joint accounts so they sorted he being took off it.

Confused123
      Participant

Hi open with different bank , ask for no documents to be posted and never show money been transferred from that account in or out , memorise bank sort code and account no and leave card with somebody else

tobehappy
      Participant

Do you have access to the bank account to get food shopping? I used to get a bit extra cash back when I did the food shopping and it didn’t show on my statement. It would just show a payment to tescos. That way I could get a little cash without him knowing. You may be able to pay this into a new account that he doesn’t know about. It could be time consuming to get much money paid in but it is best to act carefully so that he doesn’t get suspicious. Good luck and stay safe.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content