Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi all, i haven’t been that particular with taking care of me. Personal hygiene included๐Ÿ˜ช maybe its a defence mechanism,, if im not clean, he’ll not come near me. Anyway, I’m not that person today, or even the past few days, I have actually covered myself in body lotion today after my bath. Not done THAT in over a year. I’ve recently restarted using face cream too๐Ÿ™‚ive always brushed my teeth, but was only even doing that once a day. How can i do this to myself, where’s my pride. Well I’m finding it. I smell lovely๐Ÿ˜„ ive even started putting on a bit of makeup again. I’m wearing a wee tea dress and will pull on my boots when i go out. No more hiding behind and within the ‘bag lady’ i was becoming๐Ÿ˜ก. I’m still living with him, but he won’t define me any longer. The stronger I’m becoming, the more morose, depressed and suicidal he’s becoming. I couldn’t picture ever doing what I’ve done(for me), even last week, never mind when i first started posting๐Ÿ˜ž. But I’m finding ME again. When i first met him, he was in the midst of leaving his ex, he was down, suicidal, depressed,( I was sympathy personified. How can she do this to this lovely man, how can she stop him seeing his children. ) everything he was, he is now. If i could I’d talk to her, get her side, but we all know what she’d say don’t we! plus I’m a wee bit feart he’d find out.
      So fir everyone who is still on the couch with the covers over them fir days on end, barely eating, hiding away. This post is for you, ๐Ÿ™‚ you will get there, however long it takes you. This is your fight, we are all the same, yet we are all different.

IWMB ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

Anonymous
      Inactive

IWMB, Sounds like your getting braver, don’t be scared to be strong and beautiful ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’• I’m so glad your feeling better โ˜บwee smile on my face xx ๐Ÿ’• DIY๐Ÿ˜Š

Iwantmeback
      Participant

๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š I’m painting my nails now, bright red and wearing red lippy too๐Ÿ’„๐Ÿ‘„

Anonymous
      Inactive

Bell of the ball ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

lover of no contact
      Participant

Great post and well done. Its also a great act of defiance towards him. They want to break us and stop our light from shining well it hasn’t worked. You are going from strength to strength. Self-care is the way to healing. Self-care, self-care, self-care. Even when we don’t feel like it. We have to reclaim that part of us that they have damaged. Even if we have to fake it until we make it.

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Thanks loverofnocontact, i haven’t been able to do any self care, bar brush my teeth, for so long. The thought of doing what i have today wasnt even on my radar. I think because I’m mentally detaching now also as well as having been emotionally detached fir so long is helping too.
      He never even asked if i enjoyed myself or anything and i didn’t volunteer it.
      I did have a nice time, change of scene and out of the house for a few hours. Even left my phone at home. It’s locked so he wouldn’t have been able to access it., i realised as i was leaving that it was still on charge and he’d have said something sarcy if I’d came back in to get it.
      IWMB ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

ยฉ 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England โ€“ Womenโ€™s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Womenโ€™s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions โ”‚ Privacy & cookie policy โ”‚ Site map โ”‚ Protect yourself onlineโ”‚ Mediaย โ”‚ย Jobs โ”‚ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content