Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Serenity
      Participant

The weather was beautiful today.

Some family members were down, and so a few of us went for a day out to a beautiful place. I took a relative’s children too, as they were unable to come.

It was a magical day. The weather was warm and balmy. There were carpets of snow drops everywhere you looked. Spring is slowly coming.

I was able to drive the car with family members of different ages and abilities. One of the children felt a bit car sick at one point, so we were able to stop off for a few minutes until they felt better. If my ex had been there, we would have been driving of course, and refused to stop off for a sick child, or would have made his irritation known. As it was, the whole thing was dealt with with patience and we could soon continue on our way.

The people there were able to sort the day so that more elderly relatives didn’t have to walk too far, and younger children could have an adventure and go a bit faster and further. If my ex had been there, apart from probably walking off far ahead himself, he would have also gained some sick pleasure in pushing people beyond their limits, even if they were elderly.

I was able to buy the children an icecream and I was able to buy myself a nice coffee to sip in the sunshine. Both of those things my ex would have frowned upon: spending a few pennies and god forbid, me daring to relax.

I saw a lady painting amidst the snow drops, and thought how I should take my easel and paint there too.

My spirit feels like it is soaring today, having been to such a beautiful place and shared such lovely things with other, normal and non-abusive people. It has reaffirmrd for me what opportunities for peace and happiness there are still in the world, post-trauma and post-abuse. The world is still a beautiful place, and there are pockets of stillness and real beauty, and with the right people, beautiful times can be had.

Eve1
      Participant

A beautiful post. So lovely to read about your day. Your descriptions are so well put.

I had a couple of really nice moments myself today. I can feel a lightness coming back into my heart sometimes now.
      💕
      xx

White Rose
      Participant

Thanks Serenity
      Your post has calmed me from my high anxiety state.
      I love snowdrops I took some from my old house and planted them here but theres no sign of them this year but I’m hopeful for next.
      Another warm day today I’m spending some time in my garden and making plans for where to squeeze some veg among the flowers and where to put a grow bag or two for some tomatoes and a big pot for beans and another for salad and spinach. I might even get a strawberry planter or one of those hanging sack things. I miss my huge veg plot – I bet it’s not being lovingly tended by him now!
      Enjoy today too x

SunshineRainflower
      Participant

Loved your post serenity. You are so right there is so much beauty in the world. Before I met my ex I used to go for regular walks and collect things like leaves, twigs, feathers etc and draw and paint them. It brought me so much joy. In the relationship my joy died and I barely had time to go for walks let alone paint. I have started walking again and going to start up my painting again this weekend. Also going to sow some seeds as I love gardening 🙂 It’s lovely how once the darkness they brought upon us reduces its hold the light starts to flood in.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content