Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Relieved
      Participant

I just remembered the other night that I used to prefer to sleep naked and his unwanted attention at night forced me to wear what I now think of as armour! It felt quite liberating to go to bed in my birthday suit!

KIP.
      Participant

Hey that was one of the things i noticed too. How nice to go to bed naked and snuggle down. I used to wear bed armour too. Its also great to be able to stay in bed instead of jumping up in the morning at the first sign of him moving. To avoid the skin crawling groping.

Relieved
      Participant

I feel like I am claiming back my body. He made me feel disgusted about my body and I’ve no need to. It’s the only one I’ve got and I’m just starting to feel comfortable in my own skin at last!

Ayanna
      Participant

For me it is the opposite. He did not allow me to wear anything in bed. He would tear it off me, except is was something kinky.
      I could not get out of bed unless he allowed it. He was physically too strong for me.
      Since I am out I sleep in pyjamas.

Relieved
      Participant

I guess it’s whatever you feel comfortable with and we’ve all had different experiences. I’d been getting night sweats which is much less now I sleep naked.

iwillbeok
      Participant

This is so me! I would wear underwear and pyjamas (always had) but would also wear my dressing gown to bed! I tied myself into it like a cocoon! I would claim it was because I was cold. He only ever approached me for sex when I was asleep and then would joke that I ‘attacked’ him. I started to go to bed much later than him and also awake much earlier also. I didn’t realise til later that this was my subconcious trying to avoid being anywhere near him!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content