Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Has anyone been considered a vulnerable adult and contacted womens aid? Its like a social work/ police database thing I don’t understand it at all but it sort of changes the confidentiality rules and I am wondering if I am a vulnerable adult and I go to womens aid if they will have to contact social work?
      I don’t know if this is different in Scotland and England
      I just don’t want to go if it’s going to make things more chaotic in my life with interventions

KIP.
      Participant

You don’t have to give your name when you ring the helpline number on here or your local women’s aid so perhaps you could speak to them anonymously. I was a vulnerable adult going through the court system and the help I got was fantastic. I now recognise I wasn’t in a good place to protect myself and I’m so glad the police and courts took things out of my hands. When we are vulnerable we often don’t recognise it ourselves.

Escapee
      Participant

I was classed as a vulnerable adult. This results in you being flagged up to professionals that have a duty of care to you…..it does not compromise your privacy beyond this, in fact it protects you from your abuser being able to access any information about you from your GP etc.

Social services do get involved but when no children are involved they are just there to access your risk and get you out if you’re in immediate danger. I asked everyone to give me space and they did. Being classed as a vulnerable adult woke me up and was the final push I needed to leave. It shocked me that my situation was taken so seriously and it finally took my blinkers off.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’m terrified that it means he will find out if I go in.
      In the past being a vulnerable adult has had negative consequences for me which resulted in me not seeking help in order to avoid these procedures.
      I phoned up the local womens aid and they said they can see me without me giving my name though so I am going to go in (detail removed by moderator)
      I’m not sure what I am hoping to achieve because I’m not in a position to leave him just now but it’s something I guess.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content