This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  gettingtired 1 week, 6 days ago.

• Author
     gettingtired 
    Participant

It has been on the cards for us to move for a while and although things haven’t been right for a long time it’s only recently I’ve joined here and realised how abusive he is. I’m panicking about going ahead with it. I feel like I’m being forced into it. The problem is I don’t feel ready to leave yet because I’m still so badly trauma bonded. But he wants to move ASAP!
    I’m also worried because I feel like it’s where he’s noticed a change in me lately so is now going full steam ahead a bit more with moving whereas before it was always on the back burner a bit.
    What am I going to do? x

KIP. 
    Participant

Do not move with him, it’s designed to trap you further. Try to find a way to stay behind. Say you need some time to adjust and you will follow at a later date. Put some distance between you. It’s a classic way to isolate you further. Use this as a turning point x

gettingtired 
      Participant

Thanks @kip, I’m going to have to try my hardest over the next few months before it happens to break free of the trauma bond as much as I can. Not sure what my plan is yet but it’s the only way to try and untie myself from all these feelings towards him xx

beachhut 
    Participant

Do what ever you can to stay where you are, moving will not change anything, I know because it happened to me, I went to an area I did not know, had new neighbors who knew nothing about me and because things were unformilia it made his moods worse and increased my isolation. I didn’t last long there and had to get out and now find myself homeless and living with friends, try to make a plan and and keep safe,. It is not easy I will not say it is, but I am here and not living with an abuser any more.
    Take care of you. beachhutXx

gettingtired 
      Participant

Thanks @beachhut, it’s so easy to think things will improve because the circumstances have changed. Especially as not moving is apparently a huge source of his misery (and partly my fault we still havent 🙄). I can see now I’ve been stalling it for so long because I knew something wasnt right. I’m just so badly trauma bonded to him I’m trying to find a way to stop all the worrying about how he will cope or what he will do etc.
      So sorry to hear you’re having to stay at friends and havent got a place of your own. You deserve that and I hope it happens soon xx

Lostforever 
    Participant

We moved away. Far from my support network. It made it so much harder for me. I really think I would have left him a lot sooner if I’d not agreed to move.

gettingtired 
      Participant

@lostforever, this is what I’m worried about. That I will then waste more years if I go and make it harder for myself. It’s just so hard because I care and worry about HIM so much instead of me. Although I am scared I wont be able to cope without him and it will be a mistake etc xx

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

EXIT SITE

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ Jobs

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account