Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Headcook
      Participant

Not sure

Been very unwell of late and things have for the most been very calm
      Am off work as illness has made me unfit to do my job
      With all that’s going on in the world I’m being told you are going nowhere you are to stay in you are a high risk
      Don’t even want your long term friend to visit you

Then I find out after no consultation even though a consultation did take place and it was decided the risk was ok the partner had her friend over to visit and I sat rite next to this person not knowing I potentially was at risk
      Safe to say I’m not happy
      Tried to raise this and was told go out then get Ill and die !!

Wow

Friend says this is not them caring I want to believe but being isolated

Just don’t no

Hc

fizzylem
      Participant

Hi HC, sounds like they’re using this to abuse. It’s going to be tough for everyone for months self isolating, we have started it already in the hope we can try to avoid it. I think you need to make a plan that works for you, these are your decisions here.

Can you skype? Or get this set up? Use the phone more, facetime? I think you can video call on whatsapp too. I rememeber a time when I used to sit and call people most nights years ago – you? This was normal and part of life, was free after 7pm, so I’d sit for 30 mins to an hour some nights chatting on the phone to friends, doing this has changed hasn’t it over the years, but I’m thinking there will be a revival of this behaviour now. Put these calls in so you don’t feel completely cut off.

I think we are all going to need to adapt and start using these type of services more so in the coming months. It is going to be tough psychologically and self isolating will compound the feelings of isolation you already feel. Try to tell yourself you are self isolating because of the health crisis – regardless of what they say and do, regardless of your living situation – this is for your health x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content