Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      FrenchBulldog
      Participant

Hi all.

I am new to this group. I recently have come out of an abusive relationship. The last straw was a night where he was abusive to me and then told me to get out of his house. He threw all my stuff out his house and demanded for his key back.

I had moved in with him (detail removed by Moderator) before and we were planning to move into a new home together that we should of moved into (detail removed by Moderator).

I just don’t understand how he could just throw me out without any feeling whatsoever.

Yes he does drink and he was drunk and he was very jealous and suspicious. He would always accuse me of cheating. Once when we broke up I met a friend and told him and he said before he threw me out he would never move in with a liar.

I am so broken because he told me he wanted to marry me a few days before this. I don’t understand how someone can be so loving and then so abusive.

I feel like he wanted me to get out of his house because he wanted to see another women. As when I was lying on the floor he nonchalantly went to the bathroom to do his hair and put deodorant on.

The worst part is he doesn’t seem to feel remorseful at all. He claims he did it because I was hiding my (detail removed by Moderator) history and said I was deleting it.

Can anyone shed some light.
      Thank you

KIP.
      Participant

Hi. What a dreadful thing to do to you. Abusers are liars and cannot bond with anyone. That’s why they seem to go from loving to hating so quickly. They use us like a child uses a toy. Their only interest is dominating and abusing. Google the cycle of abuse. The power and control wheel. They are disgusting human beings. If you’ve crossed him in the past it’s likely he hooked you back in just to discard you as a punishment. Most abusers are cheaters too so your gut instinct is probably right about having another woman or victim lined up. I know mine did. The way forward to total zero contact. Block him on everything and change your number. They also use something called push and pull. You say you’ve broken up before and abusers use this breaking up and hooking us back in as a psychological weapon so eventually no matter how badly they treat us, all we want is that feeling of getting back together to feel wanted again. Toxic people x

Soyalakemeya2
      Participant

Manipulation at its finest. Playing with your emotions by love bombing and making false promises so you’re confused when he hurts you by dumping you.Him accusing you of cheating is most definitely a covering up for what he’s doing. My abuser projects his behaviour on to me by calling me “liar” and “sick” when hes been slandering me to other people and I confront him about it. The confusing you is intentional consider yourself lucky he’s left you because it only gets worse never better and often times deadly.

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi Frenchbulldog, welcome to the forum. It’s really hard accepting the person we were with could treat us so despicably. He’s typical of an abuser, very Jekyll and Hyde. There’s nothing you could have said or done that would make him behave any differently to you. I’d like to let you know that he may also try to hoover you back into the relationship. Look up the Cycle of Abuse and see if you can recognise a pattern to your relationship.
      Definitely block him. If he loved you he’d never have treated you this way.
      Stay strong and keep posting, someone will reply at some point, learn as much as you can about abusive people and their methods. Why does he do that by Lundy Bancroft is our go to on here. You can download it as a free pdf.
      Best wishes IWMB 💞💞

FrenchBulldog
      Participant

Thank you all for so much for your helpful words. It is greatly appreciated.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content