Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      weather
      Participant

I can’t forget being let down by (detail removed by Moderator) so many years ago due to my ethnic origins. And, it wasn’t just (detail removed by Moderator), which is quite shocking. I had nowhere to go and was so vulnerable. I find it hard to visit this site; it just rears more PTDS for me.

StrongLife
      Participant

Sorry you have encountered this.

I too am vulnerable at moment – and felt very vulnerable at start to. Then pockets of confidence. Things will improve.

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Hello weather

Sorry to hear this and I’m sure you are not alone in this. I think there are probably many more women reading this site and feeling unable to post themselves, its not easy to put your worries into words especially when its so personal.

I hope you can feel safe here, and comforted by the shared experiences of the women here of many different ethnicities. I know that particular ethnicity can bring increased difficulties and challenges for getting appropriate support, and for keeping yourself safe with access to everything you need as it can be more isolating. I hope you feel that coming here can bring you a sense of coming to a supportive community where you can speak as little or as much as you like.

Talk when you feel ready. I don’t know of any other space on the internet thats as supportive and safe as here for our situations.

warmest wishes

ts

weather
      Participant

Dear Twisted Sister,

Thank you for your caring message. Looking back on what happened to me so many years ago is a constant reminder of how resourceful I’ve become. I don’t use the word ‘strong’ as it doesn’t really represent who I am and it wasn’t all about being strong. I had to make sure I lived and I am so grateful to the ‘higher power’or whatever it was that helped me to eventually get through all of the mental and emotional abuse I suffered from an early age. Surviving isn’t easy and domestic abuse will always be a part of my life, but at least I can recognise what it is now. So, thank you for your thoughtful message, and I believe in Hope, which is what keeps me going.

Take good care,

Weather

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content