Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Lightning-Jet
      Participant

Within recent times, my OH has being seeing a lot more of his friends and is expecting me to live my life around what he wishes to do with them.

Even to the point where we have plans and they have just turned up on the doorstep apparently without prior arrangement. A certain female friend I feel is getting over-familiar with my OH.

Then they were making fun of me & clearly talking about me when my back was turned.

I believe there is a lot I am not being told and my gut instinct tells me something is going on.

I feel rock bottom 🙁

Sunflowersandstars
      Participant

I’m not really sure if I can offer any helpful advice but the first thing would be to sit down with your partner and talk- explain how you are feeling and let him know you need to discuss the things that bother you. How is your relationship otherwise? Do you spend time with friends? Get along with his friends? I hope you feel better soon
      SaS

Lightning-Jet
        Participant

Hi Sunflowersandstars,

No I rarely do anything I want to do; I don’t see friends, I don’t see much of my family.

I have tried to talk to him many times about how he makes me feel; but it makes no difference.

I have nothing in common with his friends, one or 2 I get on with ok.

I just feel like I am living my life in his shadow.
        L-J

Sunflowersandstars
      Participant

Start doing things you want to do and spending time with people you want to be around- get in touch with friends/family. If he isn’t willing to talk about things and he isn’t keen on you doing your own things a few times a week then leave- you aren’t being allowed to LIVE! You deserve better. Start thinking about the things you love/hate/like/dislike about him and your relationship and write them down- writing helped me a lot. It made me see things a bit clearer and start to question things.
      SaS

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content