Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Ayanna
      Participant

I am unwell often and now I am really sick. I can be as sick as I want and nobody shouts at me and says awful things. I can decide to stay in bed all day and order food with my mobile app. Even being sick is a positive experience since I am away from the abuser.

SilkyHalide
      Participant

I agree. I’m off sick and there might not be anyone here to give me the sympathy, care, I never got before but I don’t get the grief for missing work or have to get on with chores while feeling like death.

Serenity
      Participant

Ditto. I didn’t get out of bed today until 10.30, as my condition is playing up.

It is my day off, and rather than rush about cleaning the house and shopping for his dinner, I am going off to have a gentle jog followed by a jacuzzi to relax my aching muscles! Then I might treat myself in the leisure centre cafe!

I can manage my physical dips so they don’t last too long. With him, it was impossible to be ill. I was made to feel like a parasite and a despicable lump.

X

KIP.
      Participant

I agree. They day I got my stitches out after a hysterectomy he insisted we drove (detail removed by Moderator) miles (against medical advice) so that he could go mountain climbing. I thought I was dying and it took me days to recover. Selfish a**e. I’m so glad I’m rid of him. He actually made me worse when I felt ill. Made me feel guilty. It was as if he saw I was in a weak state and went in for the kill. Saw an opportunity for abuse. Good riddance to bad rubbish❤️ I just think how strong we must be to survive these things with a monster on our backs👍

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content