Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

….Dear ladies, I just want to let you know that I was married some years back but I was very unhappy, he were a lovely person but we just were not suited. I felt morally trapped, that I had made a commitment for life which I could not break. I also had the belief that there was no way on this earth that I could afford to leave and live on my own. We had a nice house and things looked good on paper. I went for years staying in an unhappy situation because of these things (my child bearing years, I can no longer have children now as i’m too old). One day on the off chance someone mentioned to me the cost of a house, house buying & selling and how much money I would get if we split up. It was a casual off the cuff conversation. I started to do some maths and got very excited. I realized that I would get enough money to use as a house deposit if we sold our house. I then started to look at local houses for sale. There were LOADS that I could comfortably afford (this was years ago when house prices were much cheaper). This realization and knowledge was what I needed to break away. I had a very short fling with a work colleague which was the final end of the marriage and my freedom. If you feel trapped in your relationship please do thoroughly investigate what options are available for you as I spent many years when I didn’t need to as I didn’t understand mortgages, buying and selling, renting options and finance.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content