Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      BlueberryField
      Participant

Feel like I need to rant. There has been a few things that happened over the last month that I will not get into too much detail here. My abuser hates my family. We went to visit them for some time and he caused such a scene and blamed it all on them that we went back home a few days early.
      Because he can never admit when he’s wrong he always looks for someone to blame but always takes his anger on me. He tries to convince me that I have became so “cool” or brave after spending some time with my family. Which in reality he treats me worse than a piece of rubbish. And there’s been so much build up that I just simply do not care anymore and I’m just trying to convince myself that I shouldn’t be so terrified of him. I mean I am still scared for my safety especially after today. (detail removed by moderator)

Another thing, he told me I don’t deserve him, apparently he’s too good for me. Of course I don’t!!! I and my son deserve Billion times better than this life..

(detail removed by moderator).
      Today he told me to find a house and leave. Hearing this actually made me so happy for some reason. Like the cuffs were unlocked if that makes sense?

But I want to protect myself at the same time. I made a plan to secretly call a lawyer to consult on custody and domestic abuse. But with finding a house this is where it’s tricky. I don’t want him to know that I am actually looking for a house. I don’t have enough savings to rent a house, so my option was to talk to housing and explain the situation to them? But I tried contacting them before (he knew that time) but they called me without any warning and sent letters to our home. But I don’t want him to find any letters or get an unexpected call from them while he’s at home. I am not currently working but only receiving UC so this is another reason why nobody would rent me a house or flat even if I personally knew that I would be able to pay rent.

Bananaboat
      Participant

Hello, sorry you’re experiencing all this. I contacted my local council, you need to do a homeless application for DV and I was petrified a letter would come to my address but they sent stuff via email instead. I booked a time for calls and they were really good, sticking to those times and understanding if I needed to end the call mid-flow because he’d returned home early. Good luck

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content