Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      cupcakes
      Participant

Just a quick question as I can’t get hold of citizens advice.

If I leave my mortgaged home and my name is still on the mortgage can I still get benefits to help with a rented house. I work part time but earn very little

Thank you

SunshineRainflower
      Participant

I’m sorry cupcakes I’m not sure, is the benefits enquiry open today? If so they might be best to ask. There are also two benefits calculators online where you input your work, income, household situation etc and it tells you what you are entitled to, not sure if you have done that before but it might be a good start if not.

Daisy
      Participant

You can cupcakes but it is a bit of a benefit minefield so do get advice from your council who pays it or CAB, because it is initially 6 months from when you leave. Ok short time to give you some time and space away from your abuser,to build yourself up to take legal action to get him out of your home for you to return or to take legal action to force the house is sold to release your legal share of the capital of your former home for it to continue It’s a hard battle so do look at all your options.
      X x x

Nova
      Participant

Hi cupcakes…meanwhile..maybe have a look at the CAB website it has a huge section on benefits, may help
      to give you more info. there are benefits calculators like turn2us etc.

hope this helps

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content