Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Imagesha
      Participant

Hello everyone! I haven’t been back for a while.
      So, it’s been many months since I sneaked out and went no contact. Resisted the urge to see how he’s doing. Felt average horrible. Struggled to get back working, after loosing some of my (detail removed by moderator). At the end I had resigned myself to give up (detail removed by moderator) and find something else.
      I was literally starving at the end of the last couple of months, so I applied for universal credit to survive while looking for whatever job, and something amazing happened.
      It turned out that because of my situation I was getting a “startup period” to see if I can manage to recover my business, despite having earned very little in the past year.
      Now, I am waiting for the first payment, and a question has appeared on my Universal Credit account, in the to-do list, asking if I lived with a partner in the last *many many* months.
      Despite having left him *many* months ago, it’s still less than *many many* months.
      So in short, they want to know how much was the joint earnings of both while we were living together in that period.
      Now that everything looked sorted. Now they are asking me that. Less than a week from the first payment.
      It was too good to be true.
      I have no idea how much he was earning and I’m not contacting him to ask what his earnings were. Looks like I may not get Universal Credit.
      I have written to them but I needed to vent because they will probably not answer until Monday.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Imagesha,

I’m so sorry to hear about the big bump in the road in regards to your Universal Credit application, that must have been such disappointing and disheartening news. I hope you’re feeling okay.

I’m wondering if Turn2Us would be a good organisation to point you in the direction of: https://www.turn2us.org.uk/

They are a national charity that helps people in financial hardship to gain access to welfare benefits, charitable grants and support services, so may be able to talk through any other options with you.

Take care and keep posting,
      Lisa

Imagesha
      Participant

Thanks Lisa!
      They have replied this afternoon and they say that I can put just my earnings, his earnings are not necessary.
      That’s a relief.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content