Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Purplecupcake
      Participant

I haven’t had sex with my partner since he raped me. He gets more and more annoyed every-time I reject him, he’s straight out asked me if I’m cheating on him, which I’ve denied, and he has made many accusations. Each time it sets off my fight or flight response all over again. What should I say to him? If I tell him what he’s done wrong he will either get get angry and somehow blame me, or he will act like the nicest person in the world to get me to stay with him.

What should I do?

tryingtosleep
      Participant

Hi purplecupcake

It sounds like you are not in a safe place at all.

Have you tried ringing any of the rape support lines for help?
      Or rightsofwomen?

Have you thought about leaving him?

tryingtosleep
      Participant

Sorry me again – I just read some of your other posts and saw how much you are going through.

Is it worth making a referral to social services. They might be able to support you? We were referred to early help and our social worker was really helpful.

StrongLife
      Participant

I would seek support from rape crisis or domestic violence lines who can relocate you immediately. There is options. Or family/good friends – keep seeking support.

He has all the explanations need and you need say nothing.

Please stay safe – there is a good life afterwards.

You are not at fault. You are not alone.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content