Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Firsthope
      Participant

I left my abusive ex (detail removed by moderator) and he did try to get back with me but I was having none of it. I had been finding it diffifult crying and feel like im grieving. He just doesn’t care hes out there messaging his ex while he was still trying to get back with me most days. But I finally blocked him today..he asked me if I wanted him to come to mine today, I know he was cheating behind my back with his ex so I said no and good luck with that slu*. Bit harsh I know but he tried to get information out of me about it. I just said im wishing you good luck and he called me childish (still trying to find ways to hurt me). Anyway I feel better that I got to laugh in his face and block him.

EeyoreNoMore
      Participant

Hey hun, the grieving process is very normal in our circumstances so just roll with it.

Have you managed to read Lundy Bancroft or Pat Craven? Both might help you through, counselling is always an option too.

Just don’t forget to give yourself a big pat on the back for getting free xx

fizzylem
      Participant

He sounds awful, where is this man’s respect and kindness. Yes grief perfectly natural, the loss of all your hopes and dreams, the loss of hoping it will get better – all very sad but the truth of it is also what you need. You will create new hopes and dreams eventually. Glad to hear you’re feeling better for blocking him – no contact really is the only way, stops you from hearing more unpleasant things and feeling emotionally hit yet again. I got that I was childish as well for not wanting contact – I’m done trying to reason and defend myself with him as it doesnt do a thing, he just moves on to calling me something else and picking at me for some other ridiculous thing. A loving person would not treat you this way hey. Good riddance to him! Remember, his ego can never lose, so don’t fight him x

Firsthope
      Participant

Yes they can never lose can they fizzylem. He really is awful.

I did read pat cravens book. It taught me alot and had lots of information. I’m glad I bought it it made me realise and also see the kind of nice partner I deserve in the future

Firsthope
      Participant

And all women should I say. Not just me.
      We all deserve a nice partner

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content