Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Booboobeedoo
      Participant

The one thing I could never get past is him blackmailing me about private information about my brother in law that my sister told me. I shared info in confidence and he used it as ammunition. He knew how frightened I was and it could upset and ruin my sisters happiness and our relationship together but he did not care. he even gave me a countdown of 2 hours to tell my family how horrible they were. He looked so calm and happy throughout everything. I eventually agreed to not speak to them. He wanted me to swear in front of his friends of he had “witnesses”. And if I did? He could tell who he wanted about this secret. He even tapped his chest saying he’s got it there. I begged on my knees and was called embarrassing. I knew from that moment on I could never ever trust him again. Still shocks me’!!

Dear booboo, he is reporting to really low tactics. Can you have a good think & think of anything at all that you could hold him to ransom for?……second thing you could do is tell your family what you said, people who love us usually forgive & understand. Try to not show him how worried you are, call his bluff maybe x*x

Ayanna
      Participant

That is horrible.
      What happened later? Did he say anything? Or is it all gone with the wind?
      Do you have any secrets about him that you could use against him?

Booboobeedoo
      Participant

Yes of course I knew private things about friends and family, but honestly? It never ever crossed my mind, i wasn’t at war, he was the love of my life, I was so scared of the damage he could do. After I agreed to not see my family he went to his friends and told my best friend everything, she gave me great strength. I returned to the house packed my things and phoned him telling him it was over. He thought I was insane, how could I leave when all he wanted to do was share the truth?! I don’t believe in retaliation, things will always fall into place!! Thanks ladies xxxxxx đź’ś

KIP.
      Participant

Mine did the same with my best friends affair. Threatened to tell her fiancĂ© on many occasions until in the end I just replied with their address. These men are liars. Just think how bad he would look if he ever said anything. They would rip him to pieces. You trusted your partner which is the normal thing to do. It’s not your fault and I’m sure your family would see that. Especially when they hear he’s blackmailing you! Try to secretly record him for evidence maybe on your phone. Never act on what they threaten to do, wait until something actually happens, otherwise you’re wasting valuable energy. And mine never said anything. Even after he was arrested. Cowardly insane people x I told my best friend if he ever said anything to just deny it as people would just think him a vindictive liar x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content