Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Why cant i stop over thinking my ex abuser is going to try blame. He stopped his medication when i moved in with him . He had epilepsy. He said it would not be fair in me if he slept all day . Ive read that people with personality disorders is a mental illness. He was on a lot of medication but i not sure what they all where. He was so irresponsibly with money . Everything was his not mine . What mine was his. I feel like hes going to try destroy me . Because thats what abusers do . I feel so sick

Serenity
      Participant

You know who he is and know his game. You will be able to fight off whatever he does and beat him at his own game.

Try to go no contact and let him know the least amount possible about your life. The less he knows,the less ammunition he has.

The hardest part of abuse, I think, is the blame-shifting. It’s the hardest thing to accept. But you wil get to a point where you don’t care what he thinks or what he tells people. Your own truth will be much more important to you.

A lady I barely know began telling me the other day how she is very friendly with her ex ( even though he cheated on her with her friend!) and how she’s turned a negative into a positive etc. I made my excuses and left early: I don’t need other people telling me who my ex was and what relationship I need to have with him. Many people just won’t understand, but just avoid the subject with those people.

I can identify with what you say about everything that’s his being his and everything that’s yours being his too. My ex was like that. He even showed this in court, and the judge told him off. It’s all me, me, me.

Yes, I do think personality disorders can be mental illnesses. Protect yourself by distancing yourself X

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thank you x

Ayanna
      Participant

You could report him for non compliance with his life saving medication to his GP. Not taking anti epileptics is not on.

He clearly has issues with personal limitations as all abusers have. They think they have limitless access to our belongings. That extends to our bodies and minds.
      And yes, he has a mental illness from what you describe.
      But that is no excuse for abuse.

I hope you can get away/stay zero contact.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I left him some time ago as he used my past to hurt me emotional abuse . And i loved him so much. I will get through this its just so hard to move forward from this . Yes iam getting help . But dont make things easier yet x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content