• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by KIP..
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Confused.com
      Participant

I messaged my bf family member last night saying I was struggling to cope with his behaviour. His family member offered to have our young son for the day but bf refused and guessed that I had contacted them. All day hes been saying why do you have to s**g me off and blaming me for not communicating my issues with him, is this just another tactic? He always spins everything on to me and says if I only talked to him about how I’m feeling he would be better ( I do all the time tell him when I have an issue and its disregarded). I think this is why I have got back with him in the past because I think well how could he know if hes in the wrong if I don’t sit him down and explain my feelings fully to him? Has anyone else had this x

KIP.
      Participant

Google gaslighting. He knows exactly what he’s doing. He knows exactly how it makes you feel but he chooses to continue. He will flat out lie, deny, blame, twist and leave any conversation confusing and mind blowing. They’re dysfunctional and delusional and there is absolutely no point in discussing anything with them. You have probably tried hundreds of times to communicate your issues but have become so broken by his response it’s become pointless. He’s not in the least bit interested in your issues or your opinion or your feelings. You’re offering a solution for some time alone with him and he even ruins that and turns it round on you. Nothing you will do will ever be right because he will simply move the goal posts again and again.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content