Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      hop
      Participant

I’ve been having therapy for historic and ongoing abuse with an ex and it’s brought back memories of childhood stuff that I had trauma therapy years ago and I was over that stuff. My parents mean everything I have now. I’m devasted by this turn of events. I can’t believe that it can do this

KIP.
      Participant

Yes I’ve heard of this happening with many people. Once you open the trauma gates all sorts can come out. At least you have help and the tools to deal with things now. You’re not that child and can’t help what happened. Just take baby steps. I’ve got this part to look forward to once my court case is over. It’s painful but necessary for recovery so be kind to yourself meantime x

starqueen
      Participant

So sorry to hear you’re going through this, it’s awful when you think certain things are done and they come back again. Like KIP says you have the help and tools to be able to get through this. In my experience recovering from any form of abuse can feel like taking one step forward and two steps back. Keep going and take care of yourself.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content