Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Daisy Fairydust
      Participant

Hi there
      I’m out a wee while now, we’re safe in refuge at the moment. I’m wondering if anyone can recommend any books to read to help with the healing process.

Thank you

Lifeinterrupted
      Participant

Hi Fairydust, one of the other ladies recommended Why Does He Do That by Lundy Bancroft to me recently, and I have found it incredibly helpful. It really validated my experiences and made me feel much less alone. Everything started to make sense after reading it.

I also found Power by Shahida Arabi helpful to my situation.

I am quite new so I am sure other ladies will have more suggestions.

Well done for taking the step and I am glad you are safe. Hugs x

Daisy Fairydust
      Participant

Thank you @lifeinterrupted.
      Kids and I are just trying to adjust to our new way of living. We’ve been doing ok but couple of wee obstacles this week so I’ve been a bit all over the place, with yesterday being quite a tough day. What I find difficult is friends seem to have abandoned me, stopped asking how I’m doing, especially as I’ve taken a step back in some of our group chats. There’s just a lack of understanding I think.
      This is a great place for support, massive well done to you for reaching out on here. Domestic abuse leaves your head in a lonely old place even when you’re surrounded by friends and family that don’t know what you’re going through.
      Stay safe.
      Xx

Darcy
      Participant

Hi my beautiful angel … Daisy Fairydust (I love your username)
      I always recommend Louise Hay … You Can Heal Your Life, you can read it or it is available on audible.
      As much as it is a good thing to have some knowledge on abusers … I think, why waste your time reading about them when you could be learning about and healing yourself!
      Lovely to hear you are safe now
      Sending you love and support
      Darcy xx

gettingtired
      Participant

Hello, I’m glad you and your children are safe.
      Healing from hidden abuse by Shannon Thomas is a great book xx

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content