Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Falling Skys
      Participant

My brother and his wife are so kind to keep and great support.

But my brother is finding it hard to understand why my children are treating me badly.

I was wondering if you knew of any books that could help them?

Daisy
      Participant

I’ve replied to push this back up,
      I know on the old forum there was books recommended so hopefully someone can advise you further.when the forum picks up more after the Christmas break.
      Also, I know as a mum we always make excuses for our children, Perhaps them being firmly but fairly challenged by their uncle, on their actions, or lack of them, would not be a bad thing,
      After all they are adults now and have their own minds, so shouldn’t just blindly believe their father.
      X x x

Falling Skys
      Participant

You are right Daisy, I feel guilty because I fell for him and if words and part of me understands why they do.

But I do have zero tolerance towards any abuse thrown at me from any one, but it does where you down at times.

Headcook
      Participant

The best book I ever read is
      Why does he do that by Lundy Bancroft it tells you everything you need to no gives advice for family and friends trying to support an abused family member
      You will find your Abuser in this book it’s as if it was written about you
      You will find it on amazon
      Please if you only read one book this is the one to read
      Hope this helps ladies. HC x

Falling Skys
      Participant

Thankyou HC, I already have that book and didn’t think 😁

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content