Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Abcd
      Participant

Hello anybody can recommend a good self help book on getting over sexual trauma and self destructive behaviours? I’m away from home on buisness for next few months so cannot see my therapist but I’d like to work on my issues
      Thanks

Confused123
      Participant

hi hun

Id google up on amzon any abuse books relating to sexual trauma

Abcd
      Participant

Thanks, I know there is plenty out there. But not all of them good I suppose. I was hoping for recommendation. Maybe somebody read something exceptional 🙂

Confused123
      Participant

Hi Hun

the good one that i would recommend is why did he do that? and the dominator , both relate to general abuse in all areas but is eye opener that u r not imaging things and some one is actually doing these things aand there are men out there that would do this

Abcd
      Participant

Thanks I’ll check it up. I also would like to share the most pawed full ted talk I’ve ever watched. It has made me cry and open my eyes. I love the way she is explain the most dreadful question https://youtu.be/V1yW5IsnSjo we ask. If somebody have more of these things let’s share

Serenity
      Participant

The Sexual Healing Journey by Wendy Maltz x

Serenity
      Participant

I watched the above link. I can relate to it so much. X

WalkerInTheRain
      Participant

I’m liking the TEDx talks (20 minutes is about the limit of my attention span).
      This one is useful for illustrating the cycle of abuse: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7vhOAk5T3qA

Peaceful Pig
      Participant

The courage to heal by Ellen Bass and Laura Davis x

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content