Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      weather
      Participant

Dear All,

I’ve booked a few holidays. I never grew up with holidays as a child and the few I had with my immediate family, were highly abusive. My mother never let me enjoy myself on any of the holidays I had as a child and she always compromised my safety. For example, (detail removed by Moderator). I’ll never forgive her for what she did to me. So, when I get the opportunity to go on holiday I make the most of it. I’m hoping the holidays I’ve booked will offer me the opportunity to explore and develop my interests in culture without the fear of familial DV. Thank you for reading a part of my good news.

SingleMomSurvivor
      Participant

Hi Weather,

Thank you so much for sharing this! Your good news made me smile. You absolutely deserve to go on a holiday and not have to fear experiencing DV. Congratulations on taking your power back and also congratulations for doing something kind and lovely for yourself. I’m very excited for you and hope you have an amazing time! You deserve joy, peace and goodness in your life. Thank you for sharing your good news with us!! You inspire me 💜💜

weather
      Participant

Dear SingleMomSurvivor,
      Thank you for your message. It means a lot to me to know that I am on the right track. I’m so pleased that I have inspired you and find myself doing things that I never thought that I could when I lived under the cloud of DV. Please keep in touch and I’ll let you know how my holidays pan out.

Thank you and your positive message will stay with me,

Weather 😍

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content