Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      diymum@1
      Participant

Hi All,

So over christmas there has been lots of get together’s lots of eating and of course boozing.I have been with my partner for a while now since my split and hes been so supportive. However with drink I noticed he has been pushing my boundaries. Weve had a few heated discussions recently and usually I would have backed down and not expressed my opinion in the past. He didnt like it but I told him i felt his behaviour wasnt acceptable to me. I made it clear that I wouldnt be tolerating it and if need be id take a step back from the relationship for the sake of my daughter and myself. Ive set some boundaries for a change. I am so proud of myself as I can be really insecure in relationships. To be honest for the first time im not scared to assert myself, be alone or face another break up. Things seem to be improving today. The main point im making is yes ive had a really bad experience before but i have learned such alot from it. Ive learned how strong i can be against the odds. Ive learned that i can stand alone, i know my strengths and i know exactly what i want, what i will tolerate or not. I know i will be okay xx i thought id share this as for me its been a tough week but also a week of realisation thats been a long time coming for me personally 🙂 xx diy

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Well done @DIY, I’m verra proud of you as you should be too. I really hope things aren’t so bad, but at least you are okay if they’re not. #Suffragettes united💜💜
      IWMB 💕💕

Autumnique
      Participant

Well done DIY.. You have your strength back lovely to hear xx

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content