Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      KIP.
      Participant

I’ve just been recalled because of an unclear X-ray. While I’m obviously a little anxious my friend has been fab. She’s going to take the day off work and come along. This is how normal people treat each other. When I was married, my heart and thyroid went off the scale because of the abuse and I was to have a heart monitor fitted. He dropped me off at the hospital door and drove away! I cannot believe I put up with that kind of nasty selfish behaviour. I can just imagine the cruel taunts he would be making and moaning about having to drive me to another hospital. No matter what life throws at me I can handle it ten thousand times better without him. Be good to yourself and appreciate good friends and family.

lover of no contact
      Participant

Hi KIP,

So glad your friend is supporting you. Hope everything goes well for you with the xray. Its so true no matter what life throws at us we can handle it ten thousand times better without our abusers in our life, making any difficult situations worse.

Serenity
      Participant

Hi KIP,

I wish you all the best for your tests and treatment.

Illness of any kind was a nightmare with an abuser. They’d neglect you and make you feel so guilty about being unwell. Now you don’t have to pander to him, you can reserve your energies for yourself.

White Rose
      Participant

Hi KIP sounds like you’ve got a great friend. I’ll be thinking of you xx

Confused123
      Participant

Hi KIp

Glad u have a friend with u,hope all goes well

KIP.
      Participant

Thank you all for your support. a couple weeks away but I’m ok. ❤️

Jupiter
        Participant

Hi Kip

Back on forum as son and baby back home again and wanted to wish you lots of luck for your appointment too.Its good you have some support for this-you deserve it.
        We survivors are so used to lack of support and almost normalise it.I hope the new year brings us all the good things we missed out on before and that our boundaries keep us safe.I hope all our new skills help us to see a new light this year.
        Take care
        Jupiter x

Ayanna
      Participant

Tell them to do an ultrasound. That is more reliable than the x-rays. I am glad you have a friend to come with you.

Lightness
      Participant

Best of luck KIP x

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content