Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hello there,
      I am having a spate of nightmares/really vivid dreams.

This morning featured one where I was incredibly angry with a sibling who betrayed me big time and did not support me in my journey.

I guess when I woke up I was incredibly self-controlled I suppose and, wondering how to deal with myself googled anger and buddhist meditation, whereupon I found several talks on buddhist approaches to anger.

I actually found one quite helpful. Wondering if anyone else had any thoughts? I think the strength of my anger had quite shocked me. More like outrage at times…as in ‘how dare this person do that…’…

what they did I felt was so arrogant, as if they knew what my life should be like and also my child.

ftc
      x

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Hi Freedomtochoose, Good for you, I’m glad you found a way to help you deal when anger shows up.
      One of the advices I got from my mother is to use the energy you get from anger to keep going your way. That is how I approach anger, I use it to my benefit, as a catalyst to push me forward and also write here when I feel angry, it helps to journal it, it calms me down, it’s out. And doing sometimes physical out of the house, usually walking until I am exhausted helps.

Iwantmeback
      Participant

HLJ, that’s how I usually use my anger, to motivate me instead of squashing it down inside. Think that’s what’s helped me with my enough is enough moment. It’s when the anger goes though, how do we keep the momentum going. I’m finding I’m wishing, hoping he starts something once I get my key, something that gives me the excuse to leave if I’m not happy. Aaaggghhh

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

I know, lol, I too get used to the anger but then puf! It disappears, where did it go? I got used to it…then I replace it with coffee.

Actually the best moment to leave is when nothing happens at all. Calm on the horizon. Illusion of calm for him whilst you make your plans. Then you just go, never to return. Without a word, without a note. And you take it from there. New chapter of your life.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content