Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Strongenough
      Participant

Hi,

I wanted to share a personal moment of mine and hopefully it will help give someone else hope.

Recently I had an unfortunate encounter in public with my ex abuser. Previously this would have sent me spiralling into panic, worry, not sleeping and generally living a my life in fear. I’m so happy to say whilst my initial reaction was panic, once I had walked by and realised I was safe my recovery from this was far quicker. I began to realise he is the one with the shame and I have used all the legal powers open to me to protect myself and hold him accountable.

I felt such strength, such a clear head and proud of how far I have come. Keep building that resilience for yourself ladies, The counselling, the off-loading on this forum, the education on the cycle of abuse, the friends and supports you have around you. Use them all as your building blocks to a more resilant you. 💕

Footballfan1
      Participant

Hi,
      You are very brave and you should feel empowered by this situation.
      Keep taking these steps and others need to too.
      I was in a long term abusive relationship, it went on for a number of years.

I am recently out of that abusive situation.

I am glad you feel empowered and you should carry on moving forward xx

Strongenough
      Participant

Thank you Footballfan1. I left my abusive situation a good while ago and it really has been such a long and complicated road to recovery, and I still have some challenges up ahead. I like to check in here now and then, as the forum has helped me so much.

So glad you are out and safe. Wishing you all the best with your own journey x

Eyesopening
      Participant

amazingg x*x

Hopefulgreyrock
      Participant

That’s so great!!! I’ve come to realise safety is so important. I never knew it until after this experience. I’m so pleased you could walk away and share it like you have

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content