Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      NoPeace
      Participant

Hi all,

I’m scared, confused and frustrated. I’m living a diminished life because of my partner and I want to leave. He’s hit me in the past and I have photos but I don’t know how to work with services to get the support I need. Do I need to contact the police even though I have no current injuries? What do I do?

NoPeace

Dovegirl
      Participant

Hi NoPeace

So sorry for the situation you’re in. I totally get it, I’ve been there. Depends if you want to report the assault. If you do then you have up to 6 months from the date it happened to do so. If so police will be with every step of the way and protect you along with other channels and organisations and they will get you out of this situation. Victim Support are excellent. It’s very daunting and we totally understand if you don’t want to go down that route. No one will pressure nor judge you on any decision you make.

Take care xx

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi NoPeace,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing with us. I hope you find the forum a safe and supportive place to be with others who understand.

If you feel like you are in need of some additional support, you could chat to a Women’s Aid worker in confidence via our Live Chat service (open every day). They won’t tell you what to do, but can discuss your situation and signpost you to other support that’s relevant for you. You can access the chat service here: https://chat.womensaid.org.uk/

Do keep posting to let us know how you’re getting on.

Best wishes,

Lisa
      Forum Moderator

browneyedmum
      Participant

Hi NoPeace,

I think you can report to police, after the fact and especially if you have photos to back up the claim… past abuse. But do reach out to the experts to figure out how to navigate that.

In the meantime, keep safe xX.

NoPeace
      Participant

Thanks for the replies. Was going to run but I’ve got to go through the police as we have kids. Exhausted.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content