Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Blankcanvas
      Participant

I feel drained. Short tempered, everything is getting on my nerves.

I’m spinning plates and it’s all going to come crashing down. I’m feeling nervous/anxious. Angry.
      I work full time, I’m juggling child care, my child is very trying at the moment. Got to that age of back chat and wanting everything their way.
      I’m tired.

Sick of cooking, cleaning, working, being flat broke. Fretting about the next bill.
      Even the smallest things are getting on top of me.
      I feel nagged and judged.

I feel like I’m not good enough at what I do, motherhood, work, house keeping,
      My car needs work done to it, had to cut the grass today, nearly passed out. I’ve got nothing left to give.
      I’m exhausted. Maintaining a level of togetherness is exhausting.
      I don’t want ppl to see that things are falling to s**t.
      I need a nap
      I’ve got burn out

How do you bounce back?
      Thanks for reading

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Hi Blankcanvas

You are good enough, much more than good enough, don’t cut the grass, and don’t do things that don’t contribute to keeping you and the children alive. So cook, yes, keep the place clean enough so as to be safe, and thats it. Stop everything else, and enlist the help of everyone to contribute to the household.

You can’t keep going feeling this way, you will end up collapsing and haivng major health issues on top if you keep this up.

I don’t know your back story, but you are working too hard, and doing too much, and its possible you do have something else going on healthwise to make you feel so exhausted. Have you been to your GP and explained how you are at the moment? Those in your familiiy need to know how exhausted you are and to help, also any friends or family that can lend a hand, ask. Maybe someone could help you out with siome meals even, just whilst you get yourself back to wellness and some return of energy?

Do keep talking here and gaining all the supports you can to help you to get back to full energy and managing better with others help.

warmest wishes

ts

searchingforhope
      Participant

I agree with @twistedsister, use your supports, prioritise what needs to be done, look at what is most important for you and your family. Listen to your body, rest when it needs it. Eat properly, hydrate, get fresh air. You will get there xx

Hereforhelp
      Participant

I agree with all above x please speak to your GP or support network, it’s time to help you xx

Blankcanvas
      Participant

Thank you so much for replying to my rant.
      I’ve got a cold now so guess I’m feeling run down and overwhelmed.
      It’s hard doing everything as a single woman sometimes.
      There’s so much to do on the weekends.

If I’m honest my manager came in to work yelling (detail removed by Moderator) just before I left for work. And that’s has really effected my mood and self worth. It’s also made me feel really angry. Being angry is really draining. Haha.
      I feel my boundaries have been crossed at work and it’s a little derailing. My boss is female and it’s made me question if I want to work there. Not a great environment to thrive in. I know she’s hot hearded and yells, but this is the first time it’s been aimed at me. I’m not handling it well and it’s upset me.
      I guess after everything, confrontation is something I try to avoid.
      It’s a situation though because I like my job and pay. Back to walking on eggshells but at work!

Bananaboat
      Participant

Hello, so sorry you feel like this. I could’ve written your post at the minute, word for word! It’s tough and I feel like I’m not doing a great job some days I feel like I’m physically ripping at the seams. Finding I’m not going to bed until 1am lately just to have half hour to myself to read or look at social media.

Being overly independent is a common trauma response. I don’t have the answer and every day tell myself to ring the GP but haven’t, but a couple of things that have helped:

– easing pressure on cooking, can you afford a takeaway once in a while, we had cereal for tea the other day because everyone wanted it, when you do cook make extra and freeze it for another day, leave the washing up until everyone is on bed,

– shaking your routine up – I’ve created a routine to manage everything but sometimes that in itself can feel strangling so occasionally saying let’s go to the park, watch a film instead of bedtime etc, have helped. It’s stressful at the time as my reflex is to keep on time but it works wonders.

– going for a walk – I keep pushing on especially at work but find if I stop, go for a walk it helps my mind work through stuff – particularly my past

– Lists help too – get it out of your head and into paper

We’re only human and one person. Remember you’re achieving the same as a family with multiple hands to support, all on top of recovering from abuse. So be kind. You’re doing better than you realise xx

As for work side, you’re right you don’t have to put up with that and if it’s not the right environment it’s in your control to leave. Again similar to you I’ve just found out a colleague I’ve had issues with for months devaluing my work, excluding me, etc is to become my line mgr and I crashed hard that day & this weekend. I feel a bit better today taking some control back updating my cv, checking the market and establishing my key points to discuss. You’re right it feels like the anxiety & eggshells all over again and we don’t deserve that xx

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content