Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      fizzylem
      Participant

Feel really p****d off today; trying to get my child to do anything productive is like the impossible mission. Life’s hard enough. Have noticed it’s always her challenging behaviour that tips me into feeling unable to cope and wanting it all to end. I seem to be able manage most things, but this is what gets me the most.

Feel trapped and exhausted – there’s no way out is there – literally! Any where, have no prcatical support now at all, together 24/7 – we’ve done over two weeks now in isolation, so I’m thinking there’s probably more chance of us killing one another now than us having the virus! Joking aside, no fun is it x

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Getting any kids any age to do anything during this period is an insurmountable task. At the end it’s probably best to try to each do your own things, choose your own rhythms for now. If you have no symptoms go out get some fresh air each day, separately.
      My colleague got two tiny children who scream each time we’re on the phone wanting attention too, she has given up doing homework its only been day 4 now for her, she’s about to climb up the walls. (or down the fire escape).

Watch some comedies to chill out, have a laugh, order pizzas. Trevor Noah still got his daily show on, he’s got quite some humour and one of his show is about a mother (Desi Lydic) stuck with her son, finding new places in her flat to cry in before going back ‘in’ to home schooling him.
      It’s the vid on youtube with below title, just the last few minutes but it’s worth to watch it all, in the middle there are Italian mayors addressing their towns, trying to keep the people in, but can’t keep their own temper in 😄
      “ Faster Tests, Postponed Olympics & States on Lockdown | The Daily Social Distancing Show “

Take a deep breath darling, do things for you, enjoy yourself, give yourself a break from being a mother, be just a girl for a moment and think about whatever you wish to do.
      Sending you hugs 💕🌸

HunkyDory
      Participant

Morning Fizzy and HLJ. It’s a very weird time we’re living in isn’t it.. I don’t have kids so afraid I can’t be any help on that front. I’m alone at home and have been loving it but it’s starting to feel a bit claustrophobic now.. trying to get out for a walk every day if I can. The weather has been gorgeous so that lifts the spirits a bit.

Try to have some time for you each day, find a good book to immerse yourself in or find a long box set online to watch. I just joined the virtual pub quiz that’s started up on Facebook which sounds fun.

Sending you love and strength to get through all this! Xx

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Morning ladies

I’m only just starting to enjoy my time but the party governing the economy in my country are already pushing to get schools and day cares to reopen in few weeks as first steps towards normalising life again. Health department and scientists are of course opposed. But both hold equal powers and they’ll come to an agreement.
      I wish for a few more weeks of rest, I have too many things to do still at home, I’m not ready to go back to normal life yet 🙈😎

I am living alone too so it makes it much easier to just do whatever I like.
      Another fun video, also from Trevor Noah with another friend with a small child who’s eating the very valuable toilet paper 😅
      “ Trevor Video Chats Roy and Jaboukie | The Daily Show “
      Enjoy the virtual pub HunkyDory, what a good idea 😊
      Sending you tickles and giggles Fizzy, put on the music very loud and dance and sing 🎶🎵

fizzylem
      Participant

Hello you two, good to hear from you. Never heard of Trevor Noah, he’s funny, thanks for the introduction HLJ. Didn’t realise you’re not in UK! Gosh this forum is good for reaching folk isn’t it. You’ve made me chuckle saying no I’m not ready to go back yet! Leave me at home I have stuff to do; glad you are making it work for you.

I will check out the pub quiz HD. Thanks.

I think I’m just not feeling well, so less able to shake things off; have spent quite a bit of time connecting with people, when ordinarily I’m content in my own world, so that’s been a bit stressful, so yes taking a step back, removing pressure, trying to do some good things. Yes weather is def helping, it’s been glorious. I think when I am in the here and now, all is good, it’s when I look around me at what I need to do – that’s when I get down. So maybe for now put everything aside and focus on the day to day, and finding some amusement as you both suggest. Keep safe and well both of you won’t you x*x

Escapee
      Participant

Hi Fizzy

Here’s a challenge for you……

Build yourself a den……just like when you were a kid. Drape sheets, nest it out with cushions, p**p it up with fairy lights and Christmas baubles! Then write a sign that says NO UNDER 21’S ALLOWED!!.

Then take a few snacks, a drink and go hide with your favourite book, some music or whatever you want to do in peace 💕

fizzylem
        Participant

Deal! Will do it now! Wish we could post pics! Can’t wait to see my daughter’s face, will make her laugh no end x

fizzylem
        Participant

Got a bit carried away E, I wrote your sign and added another ‘seriously, go away’. Was too much fun. My daughter loved it and yes, gatecrashed the den party! Was such fun and most needed. This is what we need to do when feeling down – inject some silliness!! This will be my ‘go to’ procedure to get us through the coming weeks x

Escapee
        Participant

Hi Fizzy…..I’m so pleased that it gave you the much needed laughter 💕

HunkyDory
      Participant

Haha Escapee that’s a great idea 😂😂 I must look up Trevor Noah. Think our lovely weather is going to break tomorrow so got some DIY lined up that I’ll no doubt have to pay to get fixed by a professional when this is over. 🙄 stay safe all xx

fizzylem
        Participant

Lol I know your pain HD! Can be difficult to know just when to put the hammer down. I got so mad with a set of draws some years ago now when assembling it I smashed it up! I must have been seething about this for way too long as I actually took the dam thing back to the shop and asked for a refund on the basis that the item was stupid lol; and they gave me one! Although I’m now thinking they likely did this just to get me out of the shop; what an idiot! Clearly I’d not learnt how to process my emotions back then, ‘mad woman with cabinet coming through!’ x

HunkyDory
        Participant

Love it! Taking something back to the shop because it’s stupid 😂🤣🤣🤣 that is so me.. and you got a refund, result! Xx

HunkyDory
      Participant

Funny isn’t it I always imagine everyone is in the UK! Sometimes I’ll see someone use a particular word or turn of phrase and I can guess whereabouts they are xx

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Lol Escape 😂 i love the sign!!

Fizzy, not living in the UK no, I used to, I am living in continental Europe now. Perhaps this is the only decent safe DA forum out there…

Would be lovely to all beam to your place right now, we would help you build that lovely sanctuary for just you. I would make up the sign, I’m very good at drawing and writing in big fat letters haha 🤓

Need to call someone to fix my light bubble in the bathroom, managed to break the entire thing when I just wished to just change it 🤦‍♀️ No more diy for me!

diymum@1
      Participant

Big changes for all off us! fighting with something invisible at the moment id say. i notice that kids are so adaptable arent they? im so glad its not affecting kids so thankful xx it actually appears to be affecting men more! ive had crazy anxiety when this started but as time passes we know how to protect ourselves so we do it scrupulously. weve all done this before we made a meticulous plan and we got through it so were actually a dab hand at this !! its nice to be back girls and it surely does make us appreciate everything good that we have.

much love diymum xxxx

fizzylem
        Participant

So true DM, we have got through worse and learnt some great coping strategies. It’s reassuring that our kids seem to be relaxed and fine with things; shows us we’re doing some of it right hey. Hoping that the world will change after this, or rather stay changed, one thing it is showing me is that we can all take care of one another, even those we don’t really know – community has never been so alive and well – hope it stays this way x

KIP.
      Participant

Hey diy, I have a theory why it’s affecting more men because they just won’t listen or do as they’re told, they all know better. They’re still out and about, don’t practice good hygiene either. I’m generalising here of course but in general women listen, take precautions, nurture and care and clean. Maybe?

fizzylem
        Participant

Lol, yes, certainly in my case KIP, problems with authority, will automatically oppose whatever it may be. Will do as he pleases. Does not understand what is infection control, doesnt wash his hands, then if he’s ill it was ‘just unlucky’ lol x

diymum@1
      Participant

yes i would definitely agree with you – i think this has been designed to primarily destroy men and the economy tbh im abit up and down with it all wondering where this has truly come from. im not a conspiracy theorist but i have no faith in man ! men lol

i hope you are ok XXXX

Cecile
      Participant

Mine had contact with one of our adult kids who had CV symptoms. He then went on to make a show of walking around with a spray cleaner and a dirty sponge and said he was wiping everything he touched, which he didn’t and its just more weird offensive s**t as if he truly thinks I am stupid. It was so derogatory, he leaves the toilet seat etc filthy and unusable. (Sorry but that’s my reality).(he has been using filth as a weapon against me for years, not really told anyone it’s too embarrassing but with this virus very worrying).

Love the den idea sounds amazing fun. I used to get a cardboard box, a large strong empty type, and leave it in the living room with an assortment of odd bits like tape and string, to much. Kids of any age can’t resist an empty box. They still like to talk about what they made!

fizzylem
        Participant

She needs no encouragemnet from me C on this! She goes mad for a box, as soon as she sees one she thinks what can I make out of this lol. Same, I’d never thought of it this way, that he uses filth as a weapon but yes he did, he thought it was funny and left all the cleaning to me; red flag I missed there, when I used his toilet in his own home when we started dating! x

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Hey DIYmum, lovely to hear from you, we’re all here hanging out 😊
      It’s real relief children aren’t the group at risk, huge relief.
      This virus is indeed an invisible threat, I have new found respect and understanding for germaphobes haha!
      Yes we are used to fight invisible threats from our abusers, we are well trained in this fight, we’ll get through this. 💪

Big hugs to you, stay well 💕🌸🌼

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content